Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ahhh, to be sure to be sure

Went to Dublin this weekend to visit Sarah. The trip started off really well with me running onto the plane almost just as they were closing the door. The main cause was a 40 minute wait in a queue at Luton airport with an incompetent Airline ticket checker and a very bad queue choice by me. Although most of the people in the queue were smart enough to change queues I persisted and thought no as soon as I change the other queue will speed up. Stupidly I stuck it out which made me very late. I then had to go through security where instead of the 6+ normal checkins they had 1!

So anyway, I got to Dublin finally then got on a bus, which I eventually found out was the wrong one and ended up on the wrong side of Dublin. Slightly fed up with the bus, I got off, jumped in a taxi and got it to drop me off where Sarah was meeting me at about midnight.

The next day we wandered into and around Dublin town. It's quite a nice town with nothing really standout wow-like touristy but St Stephens Green and the main shopping street were quite nice places. We sat, chatted, drank coffe etc etc. then saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. However to the disappointment of the fans of the original the Oompa Loompa song was missing.

Sunday we went to a hurling match. Quite a strange game which is layed out a little like Aussie rules but they have a small ball(baseball size) and bats(like hockey sticks with bigger hitting parts). It was quite entertaining and pretty agressive in parts. For those who care Tipperary beat Galway. Go Galway!!

After some more sitting around and chatting I got back to MK about midnight on the Sunday. It was really good to see Sarah and checkout Dublin aswell.

St Stephens Green Some locals Statue of a bird with big boobs and fish Ugly Irish man at the College

The ... College The river Drinking Coffee Main shopping street

Dinner in Dublin a hurling match Hurling The base of a pool

Some Gaelic writing A statue finger

No comments: