Thursday, May 21, 2020

Exploring wine tasting events

Lately I've been getting more into wine tasting and learning about wine. It's been fascinating understanding where wine comes from, how it's made and all the different characteristics of wine. 

I decided to do a WSET course which has really helped my understanding and appreciation of wine. As part of the course we tasted 40 or so wines each time trying to understand what the key characteristics of the wine were, which grapes it was made with, what impact the climate and growing conditions had.

To keep my interest going I've been attending virtual wine tasting events. There are a load of them listed on GetTasting.com. The site makes it really easy to search for a tasting that is at a suitable time, or on a topic that I'm interested in. 

Get Tasting also lists course and there are a few interesting online wine courses and on demand courses which are great for increasing knowledge of wine.

It's worth checking out if you've not already seen it at GetTasting.com

No comments: