Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Missing.... the letter 'r'

Have you ever wondered what happens to the characters you type and then delete? Where do they go? Are the lost forever? Are they recycled? Should we be more responsible with the [delete] and [backspace] buttons? Are there a finite number of characters in the universe?

What made me think about this was that I just deleted an 'r' but now I want it back. When I push the 'r' button it creates a new one but this new one doesn't quite have the same elegance onscreen as the first one had. Perhaps I should put out a Missing ad and see if I can get it back?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this it > 'r' ?

jas said...

hmmm nah, not quite, that one looks a little younger.

amy polson said...

I found it, looking very rejected and sad too it must be said. I'm going to keep it - it needs a little security in it's life, and the fear of you 'deleting it again would just be too much for it to overcome...it hopes you understand. Personally I think you should be ashamed of yourself.
P.S. Hope you're well!

Anonymous said...

ha-harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr jim-lad