Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Montreux - too early for Jazz


While I was in Switzerland I spent a day out at Montreux, ala the famous Montreux Jazz Festival, except I was a bit early for it. About 6 months early. It was such a gorgeous little town right on Lake Geneva. I can see why so many famous artists/musicians/writers have lived there during their lives. Queen were based there, Charlie Chaplin, King of the Netherlands had a house there, Tchaikovsky stayed there for a bit and the list goes on.

For lunch I had fondue of two swiss cheeses and white wine. For those that don't know what fondue is, it's a big pot of melted cheese that you dip bread in and eat. Nice. What was just as nice though was the view, see below.

A nice little house on the lake The view from up the hill View from the restaurant I had lunch in Me and the view
A church Yes, it's the same church How's that for an awesome view Me
Some Geneva lake water Looking over the lake to France View over the lake again That's one nice hotel
The view A mediaeval castle The castle again A wall with a doorway
The side of the castle



No comments: